Thursday, August 04, 2005

I want to ride.

I must be getting bitten by the bug. Yesterday, with Lina staying over once again at my mom's (I think Lina's moving out), I rode my little borrowed motorcycle to work. At lunch, I ate out and then got on the bike and rode around town for a while, just because. After work, knowing that Lina wanted to stay at Grandma's for "just one more night? - please?", I took my time and even considered passing the turn off to my road and continuing on down the highway for a few miles.

This morning, I even suggested I might be up to doubling Lina on my bike (she's been riding with Hubby). The thing is I just want to ride. What's happening to me? I even drove out to the Waltonian last night to meet my husband after my meeting (Girl Guides).

Maybe I am just being cheap, after all, I can ride about 400 km for under $10 on the bike and my van costs me $80 - 90/week. Maybe it might be the fact that Jody will be taking his bike back soon and I will be forced to share Hubby's bike if I want to ride.

I have even caught myself weighing buying a digital camera vs. getting a loan for a used bike. At 35 years of age I am starting to wonder if I am living out some sort of repressed teenage fantasy of living in Chinatown above a take out joint, riding my bike everywhere, wearing odd clothing, shopping at second hand stores, listening to music no one has ever heard of, hanging out with all sorts of odd people, being known as the "weird chick on the bike". Wait - I think I already fit most of that description. If I could only earn the title of "artist" I could die happy.

I do not however live in Chinatown (sigh) I live in the country and although it's not as cool, it has its own rewards - especially if your husband listens to Metallica.

1 Comments:

Blogger sauvageblue said...

You are a hoot! I have those days and thoughts and them poof reality hits and well... Sorry I haven't been around to needle you a bit hee, hee! I couldn't resist. I hope all is well though. I thought I'd drop by your neck of the woods and see what you are up to now hee, hee! I can tell some creative researching, smile!

10:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling