Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Inspiration Wednesday

Don't ask me what I was looking for when I found these cute ornaments, I got lost linking somewhere along the line and stopped short when I passed by this site. O yah, that's right! I was looking for poncho pictures becuase I found some impossibly soft mill ends that I wanted to make into a poncho for me. Anyway, I digress. Looky at these cute ornaments. Do you think one could make a few of these a night? They would be really cute hostess gifts at Christmas don't you think? Find the rest the this line of ornaments here at RADKO.

Sweater Ornaments

Oh, and I had to include this for future reference. These look easy to make, I am filing them here for future reference. They are being sold through RADKO too.

Pipe Cleaner Ornaments

Looking for "coolest beading" I happened across Louise Elliott Design. This site sells preprinted fabric to be sewn into dolls of all kinds. They are so wonderfully colourful that I thought I had to save this link. Maybe one day I'll try fabric painting and make my own patterned animals.

Printed toys

When I happened across this blog, I was fascinated by this picture. I have known how to make paper balloons since I was about 7 years old. I have made a garland for a christmas tree from origami paper and I have entertained countless children at restaurants with these balloons but I have never used clear plastic such as this. These make wonderful window ornaments. I think I will make them with Lina sometime.

See through origami

Ah, I love the illustrations on this blog. I really wish I could read japanese so I could credit these artists more appropriately. Spend some time looking around while you are there, these wonderfully whimsical illustrations are so peaceful and innocent.

Illustrations

And then, while searching for felted lace I happened across Felt Faction. WoW! These artists have taken felting to a higher level. There is a lot to see here, very inspiring stuff.

Felted Lace Posted by Picasa

I stopped by a few other places that might be of interest:

Some little felted purses
Read the Daily on Sayaka's Blog. Even if you can't read japanese, you'll love the daily illustrations. She also has some wonderful links you can check out for more goodness.


Side note:

While finishing up this post a man walked into the office and handed me a vase with 6 beautiful red roses. The card only read "Hi!". Thanks Hubby, you always make my day. We had an interesting weekend that caused a lot of discussion between the two of us. People who think that we have a wonderful relationship are right, but if they want to know the secret of our longevity, it is the fact that we work hard at it and are honest with each other. I mean the kind of honesty that is risky in its very nature. Telling someone what is at the core of your being and trusting that they want to hear what you have to say, value what you have to say and will not use what you say against you, is a risk. Finding someone who will not only listen to what you say but will share himself is a rare paring I think.

Hubby said he was thinking this afternoon how he used to always send me flowers. Hence the wonderful odour coming from my desktop.

Did I mention that I have a wonderful man? Passing by the Montreal Salsa club's outdoor dance event while walking back to our truck this weekend, he even admitted to me that he would be willing to take salsa lessons. Gosh, I am a lucky, lucky girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling