Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Progress

My craftroom is coming along. I am so excited. I can see the floor. OK so I am easy to impress.

This weekend I forced myself to get a last coat of paint on my shelves and got both of them up. I went through all (and I mean all - phew!) of my magazines and organized them into subjects. Now I have sewing/emroidery magazines and books, house/garden/decorating, knitting/crochet/weaving, beadwork/leatherwork/metalwork, drawing/journaling/art, kids crafts, and holidays. Those magazines which I don't keep whole (such as Piecework or beadworking magazines) I cut up and have just the best parts and ideas in page protectors in about 15 large binders. Next I am going to get those divided into subjects as well.

Now that I can see the floor, I need to sit o it and go through my boxes one by one. I already threw out about 3 garbage bags out of my closet. Most of which comprised of daily reports I got from Lina's daycare since she was 8 months. It was a walk down memory lane to read about when she played with blocks and when she bit her friends. But ultimately I couldn't find a good enough reason to keep them all and out they went. Next cam 4 years of Lina's artwork. I kept quite a few pieces, especially those that had her hand/foot/fingerprints on them.

So now it is time to get mean and decide what stays and what goes. The good news is that I now have a full shelving unit dedicated to photos and genealogy. A full shelving unit dedicated to resource materials and magazines and will probably have space now to store completed work (for craft shows and maybe an internet store - I have one on Etsy but nothing to sell at the moment).

This week marks the first week of my new boss. It'll take quite a while to get everything the way he would like to see it. I am optimistic that my job may run smoother after he is through making changes.

We are expecting some wicked weather here today and tomorrow. A total of 25 cm (about 10 inches) of snow and/or ice pellets is expected to fall in the next 24 hours. I have seen anything yet but for once I find the prospect exciting. Rain last week brought our snow levels down dramatically and the world was getting to look grey and tired like it does in the spring. A new blanket of frosty clean whiteness will be a welcome sight!

4:04 pm Update: Crap. So much for fluffy white snow. It's decided to be freezing rain instead. I am homebound early before I get stuck in town. Hopefully snow tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to post pictures when you're finished. I am also wading through my craft space and feeling very overwhelmed. Just folding all my fabric and putting it in one place has been hours of work. I keep thinking I'm almost through and then coming across a box, or bag, or basket full of fat quarters I just had to have for that one quilt I just had to make. Needless to say, very few of them have been completed. Note to self:stop buying fabric.

Yeah, right!

:)

4:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling