Thursday, January 12, 2006

Rain Day

Back to the grind for me. I was stuck at home yesterday because of some nasty freezing rain, mind you I worked most of the day (joys of having a laptop). The radio didn't announce that the bus companies were cancelling the schoolbuses until just before Lina was to be picked up, so she was waiting for the bus when a neighbour stopped to tell the kids that the bus wouldn't be coming. Not quite a snow-day but fun for the kids all the same. I had four kids at my house for most of the day (the 3 neighbour kids, 7, 9 and 11 years old).

I tried to get into the office to pick up some work for the day but I had to turn around half way after a tractor trailer jack-knifed on the highway. By that time I was all over the road because of the ice so I turned around and went back home. Our street was a skating rink by the time I pulled into the driveway. I practically skated to the neighbours to get Lina.

Working out has made me so tired that I spent last night yawning. I took today off from the gym. It's not much fun when I am so exhausted all the time. So I treated myself and went out for lunch with a few people from work. Chicken sub and wedges, yay!

Tonight I am back to Brownies. I'm not quite enthusiastic about it but I'll get er done! (OK no more redneck comedy for me)

Tomorrow is the last day for my boss and then next week we start under our new boss. I'm afraid that it'll be a while before I am in a routine again. I did have time at lunch to check out a few new pictures at flickr and read all of 1 blog update but I am so far behind checking out what everyone has been up to. I have 119 updates to read and I'll never find the time. I feel so out of the loop. My craftroom is still a shambles but there is light at the end of that tunnel. I actually said no to some Brownie training this weekend. Can you believe it? I actually said no and put my needs first for a change. And to think I didn't even make any resolutions this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling