Thursday, November 03, 2005

And indeed it was.

I did. I did have a good day. I walked around with secret smiles and I did pause to run my hands across the smooth suede of the handmade journal she made me.

It was made even better by the fact that when Lina arrived home I showed her that she had received a package and was even further blown away by the fact that her package contained a Lina sized version of the beautiful bag made for me. Her very own. And inside was a beautiful little kit to create her own magic wands and a wonderful little book containing cat paper dolls and all of the outfits that any respectable crafty cat would wear. Lina loves cats. We walked home from the neighbours tonight (after showing our neighbour - mother AND daughter) what wonderful gifts we had received. My neighbour loves journals, she is a prolific writer (journals) and is working on writing a novel in her spare time. We devoured the pictures in the journal making and keeping book together.

And I did gloat. Gives me a sick satisfaction to show something like this to the non-initiated. First of all "Look and see what a wonderful thing the internet can be! It brings people together all around the world" and second "See I don't waste my time with "crochet" (everything is jokingly crochet to my husband) - it yeilds the most amazing rewards and unfathomed friendships!" So there!

And yes, I am sore, but I have fought this battle once or twice before and I am on the downward slope of my upward battle. I have figured out that I can stay off meds with a good diet and proper exercise. I have learned that this thing is cyclical and it will show up around this time of year. I have learned that I cannot do everything. THAT one was the worst. (Actually I can say it now - that's the first step, but do I actually mean it? I'll have to work on that one). And I recognize the signs that this monster is flaring up. This time I figured it wasn't going to completely do me in so I did the unheard of - took a week off of work for no reason, well no "normal" reason. I have been drinking 50 million glasses of water - trust me on this one, my teeth have been floating. I have laid off sugar (what thoughtless person put Halloween smack dab in the middle of a fibro flare?). And I have laid off alcohol (that one was pretty hard too considering I like wine with a good steak - oh well). I have forced my 20 pound overweight arse onto my bike every morning and sweated out a good workout. And I have laid off the caffeine I had stupidly let back into my life so I can get a good nights rest. Phew. That is a lot to accomplish in one week. Not to mention the fact that I have taken time to breath. Alot. And to begin to dabble and create. I think I need another month. I'm not me yet. If time could only stand still so I could catch up with my potential. It took off on me when I was in university and I have been ignoring it, abusing it or chasing it ever since.

Thank you Cindy for your kind words. I do hope you are feeling better too. I was never upset with you about the whole sleuthing thing. It made me laugh and it made me think. It made me feel like we were in the same room giggling about passing notes back and forth in class. (Oh I am not certified (genealogy) yet, but I am certifiably hooked. Certification is a long process in the works. I'll get it 20 years after I retire I am sure.)

And Angharad, Lina will sit down with me, when it is not past her bedtime, and write a thank you note to you herself. She is very greatful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I came in via you IF posting but I've been reading more...

I have M.E. and one brother has Fibromyalgia, so I know what its like to have to not do as much as one wants!!!

I found avoiding citrus during bad times was beneficial.

The gifts sound fantastic - and a real blessing at this time.

I wish you all the best!

12:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I haven't commented yet, at first I was at a loss for words, and then I was out of town. I'm so happy you like what I put together. I fretted about it after I sent it, thinking maybe I'd gotten it all wrong! I'm so glad that wasn't the case! I'm also glad it came while you are taking some time for yourself, I hope that it aids in your renewal and helps boost your creative juices. I had a great time with this, it is so fun to plan a surprise for someone, and you were a fun person to do it for. I've really enjoyed your blog and will be checking in to see how you are doing. I can't wait to see your first journal!

:)

2:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling