Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I finally got around to doing a little snooping on the net last night and tonight. I have been trying to recover from a weekend spent with 150 -180 Girl Guide Leaders in North Bay. It was hard to get a good measure of how many women were there because we were not all in the same room except at dinner. There's something about women when they are away from there husbands and children. Whew! Let's just say I went to bed at 3:00 am Sunday morning and had to get up at 6:30 am for breakfast and festivities. I will be yawning all week.

Not to mention now I am getting ready for the upcoming weekend. Our three Leaders will be taking 16 Brownies (7 and 8 year old girls) to camp for two nights. I am in charge of crafts so I have been planning, shopping and gathering supplies for the past two days.

Most of my surfing has been about finding some cool ideas for Christmas gifts. This last batch was mostly cute felt ideas.


This felt pillow is a creation of Liz Alpert Fay. I really like some of the pillows on her site, no to mention her hooked rugs. I think felt pillow covers would make very nice gifts for the women relatives this year but I don't know if I'll get that ambitious.

Felt Pillow

If you are looking for Christmas Ornament Ideas go no further than Christmas Traditions. There are so many pictures here and so many styles that something is sure to inspire. I liked these quirky chenille santas. Yo've got to click on them to see them close up, there so gangly and weird.

Chenille Santas

I saw these felt ornaments and thought I'd record them here to remind me to think outside the box! I never would have thought of doing that. The ornaments are from feltworks.com

Felt Ornaments

I found this little felt fishing game this morning and it is so cute that I would consider making it for Lina. And maybe even her two little cousins.

Fishing Game

And these cute little guys are supposed to be dog toys, but I think they are cute enough to put into a crib for a little one.

Cat and Dog Toys

Again I wish there was a store nearby that sold Japanese books. There are quite a few of these "Sweet Felt Collection 05" scanned into this site which have many cute pictures of felt toys and decorations.

Sweet Felt Collection Pages

And finally, go check out this site to see the minature needle felted cats and dogs. They are so cute- they break my heart.

Felted Mew Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling