Thursday, June 16, 2005

Life in type.

Crap! How do I happen to find these people. Wait! Don't answer that. I find them because every morning before I start work I peruse my ever growing list of blogs. AND I follow the links.

So here is my what I am pondering: My husband doesn't spend much time on the computer - unless he is researching motorcycle related stuff, my friends aren't all that interested in blogs (in fact most of them don't know what one is and the rest of the people around me don't tie up their time with computers either.

Now, since I joined Nervousness.org I have become more aware of the existence of a whole world of people who actually communicate using computers. Now I am not talking about the flirty, mischievous underground world of "let's do something in here that we wouldn't normally do out there" but the world of meeting and exchanging tidbits of our lives type of communication.

But lately I have come to realize that this computer world, the one with the online journals that are there for anyone to read, anonymously or not, seems more real than the one out there. No, I am not getting lost in la-la land. I mean that there is so much less artifice, so much more creativity and support and so little "political correctness" and "careful consideration" of ones words. I like the naked truthfulness of reading about someone's daily life and getting to see the self criticism, the inner confidence, the self deprecation, the simple joys the hard earned triumphs and the confessions of guilt. It's amazing what people choose to remember about their day and it is utterly stellar that people choose the mundane things to share.

It makes you enjoy your life of the moment instead of waiting for something better to come along. This moment is great! This moment is worth recording and sharing. The funny thing is, the blogs I seem to enjoy the most, intimately share those "special" little moments of human nature that I can totally relate to.

Case in point: The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Person

2 Comments:

Blogger meggiecat said...

You are not alone.

I have two lives. One is my real life where I don't know many people who are creative, computer literate or who read blogs.... even mine.

Then there is my virtual life where I feed my soul and share with so many creative, generous friends.

If I mention the wonders of the virtual world to my flesh and blood friends all I usually get is a bored stare and a huh?

6:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummm.... quite interesting. I just had this conversation with my sister and her savy friends who have all such sorts of techno devices in their pockets and handbags. I spent dinner explaining blogs to them. My other friends well, they still don't get it. Then there is a few who think, better said they don't think.

12:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling