Thursday, March 30, 2006

New look

My blog is undergoing a revamp. And it has not been easy, the effort of getting thinks the way I want them is giving me a headache. Now Blogpatrol isn't working and my stats are all gone. Flickr's been giving me a hard time too, all of my pictures disappeared and I got tired of waiting for help so I went a reloaded them along with some new ones.

I am working on indexing my site, hence the table at the bottom of the page. I am trying to put all of my links and projects into a useful format. I am not sure this is the best way but I am going to give it my best. I am hoping that when I am done, I can use the table to access all of my projects as well as all of the links I keep recording.

If it doesn't work I am going to have to take the plunge and get myself a true and proper website I guess.

On the cool side I won my first eBay auction! Not too exciting for those who are old hands at this. I have won an auction or two in the past however they were on behalf of my husband and involved motorcycle stuff. This auction was for 6 Handcraft Illustrated magazines, which are no longer in print. I am so happy! Now I get to try out Paypal and start looking at selling things myself (not quite yet).

Tonight is a fundraiser spaghetti supper for Girl Guides and Boy Scouts and I have volunteered to stock the craft table. Not with stuff for sale but with something for kids to do. So, Pasta dinner - we'll be making Pasta Animals! Cool eh? I am going to try to get a few pictures of them tonight. I made a giraff, a dog and a truck, after all I am bringing in Lina's street carpet for the kids to play on.

This week has been mad. Monday was a District Meeting for Guiders, Tuesday was Lina's second gymnastics lesson, tonight is the spaghetti dinner and Saturday I am presenting at Brownie Badge Day - 2 sessions. So I will be quite happy to sit down with a glass of wine Saturday night when it is all over.

I've also been working on a little amigurumi pattern (will be reveiled later) but I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with the face. Hint - Easter themed.

I am happy to hear that Backtack is coming up with a new round soon, April 5th is the sign up date. I don't think I will be entering this one. I have promised to cleanup my UFOs before starting anything new. But I am excited to see what the girls at backtack come up with!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannan said...

This is completely off-topic, but I did a search and found on your blog that you went to Pedro's Fest 7 months pregnant. I'm toying with the idea of going this year, but I'll be 8 months pregnant! Do I have a chance in hell of surviving???? Figured I'd see if you had any words of pregnant mountain bike festival wisdom. thanks!

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger ria said...

Hey I answered your question on your blog. Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

3:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new look, and congrats on the handcraft mags. I had a subscrition years and was literally devestated when they went down-they sent me cook's magazine for the rest of my subscription! Just not the same. I still go back and drool over the projects. Are you going to post which ones you got? I need to know how jealous to be!

:)

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger Shannan said...

thanks so much for the info!!! I'm not sure if I'll go, but if I'm feeling up to it at 8 months I'll definately try!!

12:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling