Friday, February 10, 2006

4 things

OK,

So I am not sure that I am actually supposed to do this or that I am the only Ria that Sweet knows, but it looked kinda fun so here goes.

4 things (Is it natural that I want to pick the least boring things to say)

4 jobs I've had:
  • Telemarketer - first job, 16 years old. Lasted three weeks. I have never been hit on by so many men or hung up on so many times. Never... again!....
  • Tax Preparer - H&R Block. I took the course because my cousin worked there and at 17 scored the highest of all the students and was offered a job. I worked nights and weekends and found it strange to be doing people's taxes when I had never even paid a telephone bill.
  • Caterer - my friend and I worked long into the night after our day jobs to make frozen home-made pasta dishes which she sold to her contacts during the day.
  • Office Manager - for my father's mine engineering firm. I worked for him for 5 1/2 years and learned more about my father in that time as a peer than I ever knew about him as his daughter.

4 movies I could watch over and over

  • Pretty Women (There is just something about getting your own way in the end)
  • Beetlejuice (Isn't Michael Keeton sexy in this role?)
  • Cable Guy (First time I saw it I thought it was the darkest movie, but now that whole "Salt Peanuts" scene is tatooed to my brain)
  • Grosse Point Blank (yum... John Cusack)

4 Places I've lived:

  • Born in Whitehorse, Yukon
  • Stratford, Ontario
  • Toronto
  • North Bay, Ontario (someday, I will have something more exotic to say)

4 TV shows I love:

  • America's Next Top Model
  • Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel)
  • Anything on the Food Network (our friends have pointed out to us that we watch the Food Network like people watch sitcoms-is that strange?)
  • M*A*S*H (I pretty much know all the episodes by heart and I am in withdrawals cause its not on TV anymore)

4 Favorite places I've vacationed:

  • East Coast of Canada - When I was 17, my Aunt (From the Northwest Territories) picked up cousins on her way accross Canada and we drove out to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island for a month. I could write a book on that.
  • Vermont - 7 months pregnant I found myself amongst 3000 mountain bikers in the foothills of Vermont camping in a farmer's field at the Pedro's Mountain Bike Festival. I couldn't bike into the hills (a little to dangerous considering I was pregnant maybe?) but I did join my husband biking all around the small towns.
  • Dominican Republic - Flew our mountain bikes down with us and biked all around Puerto Plata for two weeks. Very awesome.
  • Motorcycle Races - yah I've been other places that would be considered more vacationy, but weekends with my daughter, husband and friends at the races is one of my favourite things.

4 of my favorite dishes:

  • My homemade cheese stuffed tortellinis (used to make a decent dollars catering remember)
  • Homemade chinese sweet and sour chicken balls, chicken fried rice and eggrolls (my husband used to work in a chinese restaurant)
  • My husband's Prime Rib with homemade french onion soup, caesar salad, Yorkshire pudding, au jus, Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon and my baked blueberry cheesecake.
  • Lightly toasted bread smothered in melting butter and dipped into a bowl of corn syrup piece by heavenly piece. My daughter thinks I gross, should I tell her I used to eat toast with brown sugar and butter smeared on it. Oh better yet, should I tell her I used to make toast and dip it into ketchup. Oh oh, and then there's that whole dipping of the bananas into Miracle Whip, ah to be a child again.

4 sites I visit daily

  • Bloglines
  • Google (image search)
  • CBC Radio (I listen online to their Toronto signal every day)
  • probably blogpatrol to see who has come to visit my blog, I can hope right?

4 places I'd rather be

  • in my craftroom
  • homeschooling my daughter
  • on my road bike pedalling for at least 40-50 km in the summer air, all alone on a side road in the country
  • on my motorcycle (I can actually say this now that I have my own bike - yipee!)

4 people I'd like to tag

  • well, anyone who may venture by and read this. Let me know if you take up the challenge.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it was you, and thanks for playing. It's a very interesting glimpse into your life! Have fun on your trip!

:)

8:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CRAFT

Leather craft
Wood
Basketry
Wirework
Decoupage
Quilling
Modelling & Pottery
Paper Mache

Textiles
Quilting
Sewing
Felt
Weaving
Appliqué

Knot work
Netting
Crochet
Knitting
Tatting
Lace making
Macramé
Finger knitting

Needlework
Crewelwork
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Smocking

Beadwork
French Beading
Loom work
Bead embroidery
Stringing

Stationary
Origami
paper craft
bookbinding

Cultural Handicrafts
Native Crafts
ART

Design

Dramatic Arts
Puppets (Finger puppets, marionettes)

Visual Arts
Photography
Drawing
Painting
Pen & Ink
Printmaking
Collage

Writing
Journaling

Music

Dance
FAMILY

Baby
Maternity

Letter Writing

Kids
Toys (Games, Puzzles)

Pet-keeping

Activities
Camping
Travel / vacations

Hobbies
Motorcycling
Pen Pals

Finances
THE HOME
Gardening
Organizing

Decorating
Candles
Pillows
HEALTH

Fitness

Cooking
Cooking
Baking
RESEARCH / EDUCATION

Homeschooling Resources
Science (Earth Science, Astronomy, Physics, Geography)
Literature
Mathematics
History

World Culture

Genealogy

Internet
Blogs
OCCASION
Family
Wedding
Christening
Father’s Day
Mother’s Day
Birthdays
Reunions

Holidays
New Year’s Day
Canada Day
Christmas
Easter
St. Patrick’s Day
Halloween
Valentines
Thanksgiving
Remembrance Day
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
Bags
Aprons
Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewellery
COMMUNITY & COMMUNITY SERVICE

Girl Guides
Sparks
Brownies
Recycling